Nachricht

Hall of Fame

Beitrag Verfasst: Do 17. Mär 2011, 22:38 

Für diesen Beitrag von Terrorist Mastermind gab es 2 Danksagungen:
vitti (Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:06) und ein weiterer Benutzer

by PKR2010 im DC Forum

Zitat:
Bankroll management

First of all, I'd like to say that my bankroll management has been a bit crazy and I would not suggest that. As soon as I got 30 BIs of NL100 I moved up, and I think that had a good run at NL100 because otherwise this is a recipe for disaster. This is one of the things that did not allow me to stay at NL50 for the whole 2010. The 30BIs rule is a bit outdated. Games are tougher and rake hasn't changed, which means higher variance. I don't recommend moving up with 30 BIs. At least 50 to start taking shots.

I waited until having 50 BIs to move up to NL200, which is a good number. This allows you not to think about money at all, no matter how big it seems (since moving up has this psychological effect as pots and stacks increased in size). Moving up with at least 50 BIs allows you to focus on your decisions much better.

Some people also suggest at least 100 BIs, but now I think this is an exaggeration; slowing down a move up is a waste of time, 50BIs and going back to the previous level if you reach 35BIs is the optimal way to go IMO.

Position

We all know how important it is, but do we all really pay attention always to this? I found out that we can easily be wasting 2 or 3 bb/100 by not paying attention even to very small things when playing both OOP and IP. What I mean here:

Being OOP: There's a reason why in poker no one ever offered a challenge where his opponent could be the button for the whole game (I got this from some book, I don't remember who said though, my credit goes to him anyways Smile ). Are we raising 33 from EP in an aggressive table because "It's a pair and I have to raise it because it's the standard". Really? In an aggressive table you are way better throwing away this kind of hands when being in EP. You'll likely be 3bet or floated by someone who wants to abuse his position and you gonna be in serious trouble. The same goes to defending the blind too much, and calling 3bets OOP. Calling 3bets OOP has to be done very sparingly and with a solid profitable plan.

Being IP: Abuse this. But to an extent. Don't do stuff that people are waiting for you to do. Use position but be smart.

But whatever you do, play a lot of hands, and when I say a lot, I mean at least half your hands from the BTN and CO, more if you can. Even if someone likes to defend his blind there is not much he can do, he will be OOP and will be playing the guessing game. No matter how smart he is, he is OOP and will be at your mercy. You'll decide what size the pot will be and you'll get clear information from his holdings. Don't be afraid of people who defend too much their blinds; more hands for you to play in position! Perfect scenario Smile

Ego and failed plans

I include both in this section because both are very related to each other. I see these in conjunction all the time and it's a serious generalized leak of the poker population. It has instinctive roots. An example to illustrate what I mean:

You are SB with XX. Everyone folds to you. You attempt to steal the BB (who is a tight player folding over 80% of the hands to a steal) with a standard 3 blinds raise. He calls. Flop comes XXX, and now you bet that flop praying that he folds. But he doesn't, and here is the leak. This guy folds 80% of the time he is stolen, why would you cbet when he calls? His range is obviously ahead, he has position, etc. This is an ego and failed plan together as you can see. Failed plan because the plan was to steal the blind PF, that failed, so it's time to accept it. Wait for next blind, there is no sense in throwing all the money you earned from him stealing the last 7 orbits with a cbet that you know he won't fold to.

You can use stuff like this also in your favor; you can just fold all the time to most chronic stealers, call when you have something decent, and wait for this instinctive behavior to show itself so that he gives you all the money back from the blinds he stole earlier, and maybe a bit more.

Reasons for betting

I always have this discussion with most players. The reasons for betting are:

-As value
-As bluff
-To pick up dead money

There is nothing more than that. Betting to "see where I'm at" or "because if I don't bet he is going to bet" are all non-sense. Think only as the reasons above, and please ask yourself, every time, before betting, why are you doing so. If none of the reasons above apply or don't seem to make any sense it means checking is the best option.

Don't look for general answers

There are no right answers in poker. It all depends. I find this situation every day. Don't look for answers for questions such as "if I have XX and the flop is YYY, should I bet?"... Well, it depends. What's your reason for betting? Who are you playing against? What are his tendencies? What do you think will be the most profitable action in the long run given his tendencies? Don't be lazy, ask yourself these questions Smile

Volume

This is very important. And I have to stress it. People are right when they say that you should play the amount of tables you are comfortable playing, but that doesn't mean that number has to be constant. You have to be all the time trying to improve your focus and thinking on ways to add more tables. It makes no sense to play one or two tables forever if you want to make serious money. If you are playing only 3 tables, use whatever resources you have to add more tables. Is your screen too small? Get a second monitor. Do you lose focus easily? Make shorter sessions.

Volume doesn't have to be overlooked, it's one of the most important aspects of online poker. I play around 12 tables of 6max now without losing focus, on 45 minute sessions with 15 minute breaks. And I want to improve that to at least 14 or 15 by the summer. However I'm happy with my current volume, and it allows me to play 6K hands a day easily (which is a great goal for volume and not that hard to achieve when you are motivated).

Don't be results oriented

This is a tough one. Focusing only on your decisions is what you have to do. I used to have a very bad issue with this; for example, I would look at my cashier every 5 minutes or so. Now I don't look at it for weeks. The other day I was really surprised on knowing that I had a 10 BI downswing in 2 days in January at NL100. I had no clue of this. I had lost $1000 in a weekend and I didn't even know about it. And this is what you want to achieve ultimately, that money is not money anyways, just have a solid bankroll cushion and don't look at your results; you'll play much better, you won't tilt, and your mood will not be 'swingy'.

Mental state has to be perfect

Did you just see your ex girlfriend and got a bit sad about it? Please don't open your poker client now. This is affecting you even if you think it's not. Before you sit down to play, make sure you don't have external worries. Poker is not a game to forget your real life problems. You have video games and movies for that. Same with being bored; don't play because you are bored and have nothing better to do. If you want to make serious money, ONLY play poker when your mind is clear and you really want to play!

Link zum Originalpost: http://www.deucescracked.com/forums/4-G ... st_2965771

Natürlcih kann man über einige Sachen diskutieren. Das BM z.B. Allerdings finde ich die "pokerbasicbackgrounds" hier sehr schön zusammengefastt. Ich hoffe das mit den Eng geht klar. Poker ist nunmal ENg.

Imo sind die letzten beiden Punkte sehr wichtig udn fidnen imo zu wenig Beachtung.

DerIkeaElch hat geschrieben:
War halt ein Fisch und ich wollte ihn bei Laune halten... :roll: :oops:

[x] Trifecta

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:07 

nettes teil, wobei der letzte Punkt für den fortgeschrittenen spieler der weitaus wichtigste ist :)

American Airlines

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:36 

stimmt ihr denn mit seiner meinung überein, dass bets for information blödsinn sind?!?

Hall of Fame

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:37 

bets for information sind absoluter blödsinn, da stimme ich voll und ganz zu.

Parvex hat geschrieben:
Und wenn das Spiel gerigged ist, dann ja scheinbar zu unserem Vorteil (und dem Nachteil von Poemel ;) ).

American Airlines

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:43 

und warum?

[x] Trifecta

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:44 

iHaveNutsing hat geschrieben:
stimmt ihr denn mit seiner meinung überein, dass bets for information blödsinn sind?!?

nicht unbedingt, wenn wir dadurch perfekte information haben, und dadurch ekligen spots entgehen (und die hand perfekt spielen können) find ichs gut. (wobei man das dann prolly als semi bluff abtun kann =))

generelle antwort: in den meisten fällen is es blödsinn

American Airlines

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 15:53 

also um mal ein blödes beispiel zu geben: ich sitz innem micro-SnG, 1. Hand, im BB mit J5. Ein Limper, SB foldet, ich check. Flop ist JXX.

Ich setze von vorn. Mögl. 1: er foldet - gut. Mögl. 2 Er raist, ich geh raus - auch gut. Mögl. 3: er callt - er hat "irgendwas" was mit dem board zu tun hat, aber Ich mach Initiative und bekome infos

Ich check von vorn. Mögl. 1: er setzt - kann ne bessere hand haben, kann aber auch einfach anspielen, ich hab keine ahnung wo ich stehe. Mögl. 2: er checkt auch - gut ich bin wahrscheinlich (noch) vorn, weiß es aber nicht

also ich würd ehrlich gesagt anspielen um zu wissen wo ich steh

Full House

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 16:00 

Ahhh, Donkbets for Information. Die Raise ich gerne for Information ^^.

Das Problem ist, dass du kein Geld von seinen schlechteren Haenden gewinnst die evtl. 'ne Kontibet als Bluff spielen, und es kann natuerlich passieren, dass der Gegner weiss was du mit einer Donk auf einem Board, bei dem er vermutlich kontibetten wuerde, repraesentierst und dich als Bluff raist oder dich mit einer besseren Hand in dich reinbetten laesst als Info. Die einzige Information die du da gewinnen kannst ist, dass es evtl. nicht so gut ist for information zu betten. Aber mit SnGs kenne ich mich noch weniger aus als im Ringgame...

Hall of Fame

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 16:05 

iHaveNutsing hat geschrieben:
also um mal ein blödes beispiel zu geben: ich sitz innem micro-SnG, 1. Hand, im BB mit J5. Ein Limper, SB foldet, ich check. Flop ist JXX.

Wenn X und X kleiner sind als J, dann ist das durchaus auch ein Raise for protection :wink:

strukk hat geschrieben:
Call-3bet find ich recht gut eigentlich.. um zu sehen ob villain 3bets called

American Airlines

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 16:26 

BiteMyShinyMetalAss hat geschrieben:
Ahhh, Donkbets for Information. Die Raise ich gerne for Information ^^.

Das Problem ist, dass du kein Geld von seinen schlechteren Haenden gewinnst die evtl. 'ne Kontibet als Bluff spielen, und es kann natuerlich passieren, dass der Gegner weiss was du mit einer Donk auf einem Board, bei dem er vermutlich kontibetten wuerde, repraesentierst und dich als Bluff raist oder dich mit einer besseren Hand in dich reinbetten laesst als Info. Die einzige Information die du da gewinnen kannst ist, dass es evtl. nicht so gut ist for information zu betten. Aber mit SnGs kenne ich mich noch weniger aus als im Ringgame...

Also auch wenn er gelimpt hat, ist es doch recht wahrscheinlich, dass er den flop anspielt, mit oder ohne was. würdest du das dann einfach platt runtercallen? ich hab zwar top-pair (@elch: ja, XX sollten kleiner als J bedeuten, sorry) kann mich aber nicht richtig wohlfühlen und auf turn und river wirds wahrscheinlich nicht besser. ich mein, ich mach ne aktion krieg ne reaktion und kann drauf wieder reagieren. hab auch extra 1. Hand geschrieben, um zu verdeutlichen, dass ich sonst keine infos hab.

Hall of Fame

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 16:29 

Wenn ich as played da bette, dann sicher nicht for Information, sondern for Value. Oder ich bette gar nicht. Kommt auf villain an. Aber da er pre limpt, nehme ich an er ist ein Fisch und ich kann TP no kicker for value betten. Die Information die ich erhalte, ist eher ein Nebenprodukt.

pokerstar77 hat geschrieben:
Wer hier flamen will soll halt zu ps.de gehen.

American Airlines

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 16:47 

Parvex hat geschrieben:
Wenn ich as played da bette, dann sicher nicht for Information, sondern for Value. Oder ich bette gar nicht. Kommt auf villain an. Aber da er pre limpt, nehme ich an er ist ein Fisch und ich kann TP no kicker for value betten. Die Information die ich erhalte, ist eher ein Nebenprodukt.

Frage: du bettest und kriegst ein raise, was machst du?
du checkst und bekommst ne bet, was machst du?

wie gesagt, 1. Hand

Hall of Fame

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 16:58 

ich b/f. und ja. Bette um zu schaun, wo man sthet ist total Fischlike ;) Du haust Geld raus udn foldest meist schlechteres raus. Du overrepst deine Hand und verwandelst eine Hand mit der du eigentlich Equity hast (sonst wüsstest du ja,dass du hinten bist und würdest einfach folden) in einen Bluff

American Airlines

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 17:01 

[quote="Terrorist Mastermind"]ich b/f.

heisst du bettest und foldest auf ein raise, oder?

Hall of Fame

Beitrag Verfasst: Fr 18. Mär 2011, 17:08 

ja. Die meisten, die Limpen sind so passiv, dass sie nur besseres raisen. Schlechteres werden sie callen. Mit entsprechenden Reads kann man später dei Line anpassen

Gehe zu: